Monday 16 November 2015

Out and about

I needed some air. So we had a ride up to Skeffling for some exercise along the floodbank. We hadn't gone 20 yds when I noticed some Swans close to the marsh. I hoped they were "yellow bills"...they were. A family of Whoopers...



It's always uplifting to see young birds.

As we reached the car again I noticed they'd taken off and headed west up the Humber. There's been large numbers noted along the east coast in the past few days.

I waited by the "Twite bush" for a while, no luck but a nice mixed flock including some Reed Buntings...


On the way back home to do a few jobs I lucked in on this Buzzard...


I also glimpsed a Bullfinch...my first sighting of this species for quite a while.

Late afternoon found us down at Kilnsea Wetlands. The Brent Geese were building up there numbers nicely...


SEO's had been reported over the last few days. I was hoping to get lucky...I did. Firstly, I managed to pick one out in the long grass by the path from Long Bank. As I drove down to the car park I saw it drifting along the embankment. Of course, by the time I got out of the car, it had disappeared. I grabbed my stuff and decided to wait it out by the path. After around 30 minutes I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye, it, or another was behind me! I managed a few shots before it drifted off down the embankment...


I got a further glimpse as the day came to a close...


No comments: