Monday 27 April 2015

Seconds

Today's session started at the triangle (Spurn for the uninitiated). On the way down a deer was seen near the Blue Bell, not an uncommon sight in these here parts...


After a walk down the floodbank I had a scan along Big Hedge to see if any Ring Ouzels were still around. Couldn't see any birds at all for a while. Then a few Skylarks appeared, followed by Meadow Pipits. Half a dozen or so Blackbirds arrived. Then out from the hedge it popped...

First onto the fence...


Then feeding out in the open...

Love this image (even though I say so myself!)
I had the pleasure of watching this bird for over an hour in the area around "the hedge". My best ever experience with this usually elusive species. I was even treated to the distinctive stony chacking call. In my previous life I used to dip regularly on my day trips to Spurn. Much nicer to have time to study the bird at leisure, especially in bright sunshine.

Late afternoon found us down at Sammy's Point. A nice surprise, although bang on cue date wise, was a lone Whimbrel (P.87, S.60)...



No comments: