Wednesday 13 November 2013

Scilly review (3)

21/10/2013

Regular readers will know I'd not had much luck with Yellow-browed Warblers this autumn. So I was particularly keen to see one on Scilly. There'd been a few reported. I tried for one at the "dump clump". After around 30 minutes I finally found one. The images I got were diabolical but at least they prove I saw one...I think!

wingbar
brow
fast moving (and blurred) bird
A Spotted Crake had been reported at Lower Moors near the hides. It turned out to be showing near the path but there were quite a few there on my first visit. It was very dark and the bird was active but I managed a few shots...this was the best...


We had a look on the pools again but no Jack Snipe or Kingfishers today. There was a smart Greenshank however...


Locally....I finished at 1 today so I had a couple of hours out. News broke of an Iceland Gull at Kilnsea Wetlands....then flying north at Easington. I wasn't far away and when I reached the north side of the Gas Terminal I saw Steve Exley pointing to the north along the beach. I just couldn't pick it up. I thought (hoped) it might reach Holmpton but despite lots of scanning I didn't see it.

No comments: