Saturday 6 July 2013

Texas 13 - Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

Anyway...after all the national excitement...back to my Texas review.

A common but superb species is Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. You can't miss this bird as it migrates through Texas in Springtime, but what a bird...


Another cracker is White-tailed Kite...this one takes a little more looking for but should be seen with perseverance...


I managed to connect with this Swainson's Hawk near Laffitte's Cove, Galveston Island (more later on this superb migrant trap)...


Here's a taster of the quality possible at Laffitte's Cove...

Black-billed Cuckoo...Scilly one day?


Footnote: My pal Haydn spent most of the day chasing the Bridled Tern throughout the North-east.

He didn't connect.

His mood wasn't lightened when a "sensitive" chap commented at Saltholme..."I hope it doesn't show up then I've got one up on my mate!"

Extreme restraint was shown...He's a big chap is our Haydn!!

No comments: