Friday 5 July 2013

RUSH BIRDS - Update

You may have noticed my RUSH BIRDS item in the left hand column? It's a record of my twitching exploits over the years since 1989.

With the addition of DUSKY THRUSH and BRIDLED TERN his year I took a fresh look at my Top Ten...pop pickers!?

I've decided that both these birds should enter it.

The"RUSH" for the DUSKY THRUSH was tense and very exciting. Being the last person to see it was an added bonus...and thrill.

The BRIDLED TERN was also exhilarating, very lucky and simply a stunning bird!

The final addition is the WHITE-THROATED ROBIN at Hartlepool Headland in June 2011. Probably the most bizarre twitch I've ever been on!!! More here.

So I have a new Top Ten. The top two will take some shifting however...


ASCENSION FRIGATEBIRD on Islay today

WHAT A YEAR!!!

No comments: