Wednesday 10 April 2013

A good session

Amazingly I remembered to take my camera to work! So, I was able to pop out at lunchtime and see if the new arrivals were present...they were...


A couple of observations. They were very flighty and very aware of my presence. They were however dominant over the Herring Gulls, chasing them of at regular intervals. I'll be keeping an eye on things as the breeding season progresses.

A couple more efforts showing their streamline jizz...



...just one more showing their swan-like necks!



Really chuffed (in case you hadn't noticed) that they are on territory opposite the Depot.

Onto Kilnsea and a walk up to Beacon Ponds. As I turned the corner towards the hide I noticed the Brent flock in the adjacent field...


I wonder if I can pick out the Black Brant?

Yes I can...


Funny, in that I'd looked at the group many times and found it briefly once. Today it seemed to stick out like a sore thumb amongst the c500! Very smart.

Still distinctive...


Finished off with a quick look on the ponds where the Long-tailed Duck was a tad nearer...


Thoughts turning very much to Texas now...

No comments: