Monday 23 July 2012

Open Verdict

Ernie Els - Ernie Els wins The Open as Adam Scott collapses at Royal Lytham

Great day at the Golf. I did something I've never done before...left early. I almost sensed this was a mistake, it's just that my car was at the top end of the course and Scott was 4 shots up! The legs were struggling and the temperature was rising. Is that enough excuses?

As I listened to the radio on the way home, it became clear that a dramatic finish was about to unfold. Cruel for Scott, wonderful for Els. Just imagine the carnage if the wind had really blown!! Viewing was easy on this superb, tight little gem of a course. With a bit of strategic positioning (on the correct dune) you could see mult-holes/fairways/tees.

I'm not a Golfer but I love watching big events. This surely has to be the easiest to get close to the Superstars.

No comments: