Sunday 16 January 2011

Answers on a postcard

A weekend of contrasts...

A few more thoughts on yesterdays events...
Birdforum can be really useful (as it was on Friday night), unfortunately it can be very predictable as well. The Slaty-backed Gull thread is degenerating into the usual scenario. Some appear to be convinced. Good luck to them. BUT...if some did see it, why no shouts? The classic is always "I realized I'd seen it when I got home!!!"
Only an opinion of course...and I was lazy (knackered) on this occasion. Will it be found tomorrow?

Today was back to what I love best. I mooch around the valley. This morning Ellerton produced the first Oystercatcher of the year, also more Lapwing (c150) and Dunlin (60). Afternoon down Duff, looking GOOD! First Golden Plover of the year (25), quickly followed by 7 Curlew...early signs of Spring? Then the unexpected bonus of 2 BRAMBLING on the feeder, one a cracking male. I gave Haydn a shout (he was on Skipwith) and he joined me in the hide but they didn't show again.

Which day did I enjoy the most...answers on a postcard!

2 comments:

Andy said...

The Valley is looking good!

Alan Whitehead said...

Superb. The canvas is there...