Friday 25 October 2019

Raven!

A quiet morning with no sign of any Whooper Swans... unfortunately! Grim weather was forecast but around 11 I got a message from Haydn informing me he'd seen a couple of Ravens on his patch (Skipwith Common).

As this would be a York Area tick for yours truly I decided to make the trip. I arrived around 1 and spent an hour with him but no luck. Pleased for him though, especially when he told me he'd had a couple of Whooper Swans over. TWO Patch ticks!!! He admitted that if I hadn't been coming over he'd have left sooner and missed them. So I like to think I contributed... in a way!?
...to both actually, as I'd sent him the report on the Ravens being seen last Tuesday.

After he'd returned to work I pulled into the car park at NDC but the rain was now torrential and the visibility was poor, so I headed home to beat the rush hour traffic in Hull.

Haydn's BOC pic
I'll have another crack next week... on a fine day!


No comments: