Friday 30 November 2018

UAE - First week impressions

More of an exploring mission than intensive Birding to be honest. A combination of having to drive and navigate (Louise doesn't fancy it and I can't say I blame her) and spending time with my lad has limited the opportunities. However, I am building up my knowledge of key sites....and access to them!

I've been impressed with the road system, if not some of the driving! The pace of development is incredible

Editing photos is difficult at the moment but I'll try and add a few when I can. My Ras Al Khor write-up will have to wait.

They have four days off now before we head for the Mountains of Al Ain for three days from Tuesday. Some intensive Birding can be done then. A visit to Abu Dhabi will be in order tomorrow and there are some decent sites in the area which I hope to "suss out". Might be difficult on this occasion though, as Rob wants me to go to the Warner Brothers World theme park. Yabba dabba doo...

Spoonbill, Al Qudra

No comments: