Friday 25 March 2016

Texas 16 - a quiet day!

Time to slow things down now. After a lie in we decided to check out of the Red Roof Inn and try somewhere else/better.

After checking in at the Inn on the Waterpark (much nicer) I dropped Louise off in historic Galveston around 2pm. I the drove down to Laffite's Cove. This reserve on the Island can rival High Island on a good day. I'm obviously too early for the big falls but I had a pleasant 3 hours just watching. No luck again with Golden-crowned Kinglet (had several Rubys) but I was treated to several Yellow-rumped and Black and White Warblers.

No pics as were off out for a meal now. I intend to bird the whole Island tomorrow. Lets see what I can see? Weather still great (70F) so Louise is more than happy!

130 species so far.

Stay tuned...

No comments: