Sunday 7 July 2013

Texas 13 - Galveston Island

You could actually spend your whole holiday on this magnificent "bird-trap" of an Island. For more detail on the main sites click here.

Maybe one trip I might just do that and see how many species I can rack-up. Everything US could and I'm sure does pass through here. It's got all the necessary habitat and airspace!

It even has it's own City bird...I give you the incomparable Reddish Egret...


I have a few favourites (probably too many) but this one is right up there. It's not just the way it looks it's also it's behaviour. It dances around in the shallows disturbing it's prey then folds it's wings to shade the area from the sunshine...


There is a white morph also which is VERY smart...I'll post some pics later in the review...

Haydn connected with the BRIDLED TERN this afternoon...just! Well done Pal...

No comments: