Wednesday 22 May 2024

Controversy

Following on from the provenance issues regarding the INDIGO BUNTING in Whitburn, a controversial Golden Oriole was seen, photographed and videos on Holy Island, Northumberland yesterday.

Various opinions were bounced around online as it showed features of Indian Golden Oriole (a new one on me as I mainly travelled West). Late last night a MEGA Alert was released.

I'm sure some are on the Island as I write. All the very best.

My opinions on records have caused some controversy in the past...but I am entitled to one!

Over the years I've treated ALL opinions with caution, no matter how authoritative. Mistakes can be made...by all of us. Having dipped into the debates, it seems there has to be some doubt over this bird?

  • Nearest record nearly 3,000 miles away! 
  • There are photos of European Golden Oriole with black behind the eye

Just saying!

No comments: