Monday 12 June 2023

Here and there...again!

Writing this from the Geoff Smith Hide whilst waiting hopefully to hear/see a Marsh Warbler. I passed Jono Leadley who reported no further sound or sight. This Species is a nocturnal singer in the main. I'm going to hang around but not sure for how long? Maybe I've used up all my luck. Time will tell?

Earlier I was walking down to the Cliff on Seaside Road to hopefully (again) see some of the passing Little Terns (P.117, H.104) that Gavin had reported (thanks pal) from the "Sewage". Jayne was already there and we enjoyed sharing a spectacular performance from c10 birds as some lingered to feed. A less than annual occurrence here! Almost certainly birds from down the road having a wander as most/all ended up going back South...

Another timely reminder of a quality Species that can be enjoyed locally 

Hopefully an update to come...?

Update: I gave it till 8.30 with Duncan Bye. No joy with the MW BUT a few blasts from a Grasshopper Warbler (165) was more than adequate compensation!!!

No comments: