Sunday 18 December 2022

Some action...at last!

I forgot to mention my 82nd Garden tick yesterday...how remiss of me! As I was watching the Test Match from the "Man Cave" aka 2nd bedroom a small flock of Lapwings (8) flew past the window. It only took 11 years!!!

Late morning today...after the Cricket of course we made our way North to the "second pill". As I approached the Cliff I noticed the tide was "in"  and nearly at the base. As I lifted my bins a Wader flew right past me from the North and dropped onto the slither of beach that remained. A tell-tale white patch on the back gave the game away...

Greenshank (P.140, H.134)


This is only my third sighting here and especially noteworthy in December. It was joined by a Redshank, which isn't a common sighting either...


Needless to say they weren't present on my return BUT 3 Barnacle Geese (H.135) heading South more than made up for it...


...again only my third sighting!!

As I was settling down in anticipation of watching the World Cup Final, Louise mentioned she'd seen just seen some birds in the field opposite from the bedroom window, that were "Pigeon-sized, dark above and white below"?


Another first after yesterday's sighting, as these birds (14) were on the ground...

Stunning birds

The WCF was a brilliant game. Pleased that Messi finally won it...

No comments: