Thursday 17 August 2017

Something always turns up...

Adult Rose-coloured Starling in Scarborough and Western Bonelli's Warbler in Easington. A couple of great records...for August. Very deceptive however. Tough to find these little gems...guess that's why they're scarce/rare!

A combination of work and trip planning has seen me off the pace this last week. I'm in training for the oncoming flood of "great birds" the coming Autumn will produce. I can dream. My trips for the next 12 months have been finalised...I'm not driving a bus for the good of my health!

The Autumn will be spend flogging Holmpton and surrounds. Then early November will see us leave for Texas for three weeks to escape the gloom. Christmas at home with family then hopefully my knee replacement in January. Some rehab, then it's a return to Cyprus in March for 3 weeks. Really enjoyed it last year and met some great people.

Spring Birding in Blighty then it's a change of scene. A report by Brendan Shields got me interested in a trip to the Canaries. I've chosen Fuerteventura...less people and more birds!

I'm at a stage now were I'm hoping to strike a balance between British Birding and foreign travel. The Birding gods will decide how fortunate I am. There'll be the usual ups and downs but I'll  be fun...and that's what it's all about...isn't it?

No comments: