Monday 6 June 2016

Bee-eater!

A lie in may have cost me a glance at a Golden Oriole early this morning on Beacon Lane. My fault!
 
By the time I reached Easington there was no further news but as I passed the Gas Terminal I was extremely pleased to see a Peregrine...carrying nest material! I'd seen birds on the tower previously but not recently. A fine sight and great to have locally. I think I can safely say that I'm not endangering this breeding attempt within one of the most closely guarded facilities in Britain!
 
As I was driving down Easington straight I heard news of a close in Bonxie flying South over Beacon ponds. I didn't pick it up. I only had an hour as we were visiting the garden centre again to finish things off before my Op'.
 
Fortunately great news came through pronto... BEE-EATER on the wires at the Warren!!!
 
As I arrived at the gate I could see the bird was still on the wire. Excellent. I parked up and made my way down the road. A few of the chaps were already present. It was very flighty but thankfully stayed within the immediate area. It performed wonderfully well, giving fantastic flight views and perching regularly.
 
On the fence behind the bushes...
 
 
On the fence in the open...in the sunshine...
 
 
A blur spooked by a Crow...
 
 
On the wire against the sun (unfortunately)...
 
 
...and finally in flight...
 
 
Top Bird!
 

No comments: