Tuesday 16 September 2014

More detail

Water Rail still present this morning. Gavin connected before I got down there. A Holmpton lifer for him as well! VERY foggy. Not surprisingly nothing else of note seen. I blame the fog!

Here are a few more shots...




Poor weather gives me the opportunity to rest up (I'm on last bus tonight). Back to yesterday morning...

Whilst wallowing in my Water Rail discovery I (foolishly) took my eye off Bud who proceeded to introduce himself to next doors dog...which bit him. Hence the trip to the Vet. Bit sensitive on this one following my eldest lad's dog biting him a year or so ago...£900!! It's not the cost...well? He also lost some flesh and got an infection. Anyway, no stitches this time and touch wood, he seems OK, just a puncture wound.

Once we'd returned from the Vet. I dropped him off at home and popped down to Spurn for an hour. What follows is another example of the magic of the place...

I parked in the Crown and Anchor and joined a small group searching for a Wood Warbler...always worth seeing. After around 20 minutes it showed well (P.138, S.102). Followed closely by my first Yellow-browed Warbler (P.139, S.103). News then came through that the Great Grey Shrike was showing on Beacon Lane. I made my way down but it'd moved on. Then news of a Honey Buzzard circling over Sammy's Point and moving out over the Humber. Back to the C&A...too late, the bird had disappeared into the mist.

Not bad for 15 minutes!

I haven't forgotten about my promised Buzzard tale. Just need more time between rest and Birding. It is the best time of year after all...

No comments: