Sunday 8 September 2013

Swatching

Still relatively quiet on the sea but there was a tad more activity this am. Managed to set up by 6.30. Phil joined me around 8. A good number of Gannets passed by...in both directions! Four Red-throated Divers flew south.

Then, my first Arctic Skua (H.88, P.151) followed closely by a couple of Manx Shearwaters (H.89, P.152). The latter was a Holmpton lifer...as was the female Mallard (H.90) that flew south with a couple of Teal...try not to laugh!!

Late afternoon/evening was spent between Holmpton and With' sewage works. Med Gulls are still in the area and I had a nice fly-by off School lane...


I joined Phil for the last hour at "the Sewage". Still many (c.40) Yellow Wagtails present...


...plus good numbers of Tree Sparrows.

A quiet weekend generally. Weather forecast looks promising for tomorrow...when I return to work!

No comments: