Saturday 5 January 2013

Back in the saddle

Managed to pick up a "virus" for New Year so I've been laid low for a few days. Felt a tad better today so I was keen to make the most of the weekend before resuming training next week.

Started with a fine male Bullfinch from the lounge window. Then a look on the sea produced Goldeneye (2 adult males) and Wigeon (a lone male) both being Holmpton lifers! This brings my total to 123. Plenty still to go at.

No sign of any geese at Kilnsea Wetlands.

I then made my way to Patrington along snakey lane and added both partridges to my year list...in the same field!



Finished off at Skeffling where I managed a couple of Twite and a distant SEO...


On the way home I passed RAF Holmpton. As I turned a sharp bend another SEO was flying along the road directly towards me!!

for the record!

I've re-jigged my tabs at the top of the blog for the New Year if you wish to follow my efforts?

Good Birding...

No comments: