Monday 4 April 2011

A tad fresh this evening but clean air and crisp views over the Carrs. As I lifted the flap in the Geoff Smith hide I was delighted to see what was obviously a good number of Black-tailed Godwits sprinkled over the flood meadow. My initial count was 30, although viewing is becoming more and more difficult as the vegetation gets taller. A few Sand Martins (c10) and a Swallow were also noted. A second scan increased my BTG total to 34 although I could have missed a few. With the holiday looming I'd told Louise I'd be back for 7. I'd just sat down in the house when the phone went. It was Andy informing me he'd found a WHEATEAR in front of Garganey hide! I'd earlier received a text from Russell Slack saying he'd had 2 at Bank Island. So back down. Elaine was in the GS hide and I gave her the news and we both made our way down. Andy greeted us and we were soon both looking at the bird below (87). He said he'd also had a male but I didn't see it. Many thanks Andy for the shout...

My fifth record


No comments: