Saturday 18 December 2010

Great start to Holiday...could have been Brilliant!

Rose at 8.30 and went to Bubwith Bridge. Great to be out on a crisp, sunny morning. I was rewarded with brilliant views of a Peregrine right by the bridge swooping and toying with the wildfowl for a good 10 minutes...superb! Also close views of groups of Redwing and Fieldfare, a few Ruff and Dunlin on the meadow. Next tried the hide at Duff, within 5 minutes had superb, prolonged views of an adult female Marsh Harrier. Firstly drifting down the river, then across the front of the hide and then mobbing a Fox with it's prey on the Carrs. A distant Buzzard completed a trio of quality raptors.

Two Birders I'd pointed the Peregrine out to earlier joined me in the hide and informed me they had just seen some WAXWINGS by the bridge! I gave it half an hour but no joy. Might find some soon?

Speaking of Peregrine, check out this footage of this incredible bird in action...242MPH!!!!

No comments: