Thursday 6 December 2018

Egyptian Vultures

My best ever experience with this species today. SEVENTEEN birds seen together at the summit of Jebel Hafeet!!



The MOURNING WHEATEAR was also still present in the same spot, in fact I re-located it on the same boulder as yesterday...


Then it was gone...


It was a spectacular day with most things fitting into place. I had great views of Eastern Black Redstart...


...and Hume's Wheatear (Lifer)...


Both birds flew in and perched on the fence right next to me. My lucky day! I couldn't get close to a Striolated Bunting but I did see quite a few distantly. Fence again!


So, there you go. A brief taste of the Jebel Hafeet Mountain. Thoroughly recommended.

A debatable 74 species seen.

Trying for Pallid Scops Owl today at Al Jimi Oasis in Al Ain...if we can find the site!

No comments: