Tuesday 29 August 2017

Calm before...

Still here!

There's more to life than birds you know...like...decorating! It's that time of the year when I've run out of excuses NOT to do those jobs that need doing. So, the cottage has been painted inside and out. This has given me major credit for the upcoming Autumn Birding!

Tragic happenings in the Lone Star State that you may have heard about. TWENTY FOUR inches of rain in 2 days!!! More than Manchester gets in a year! We experienced a taste of this on our last trip when we arrived in Houston to find my first targeted site (Bear Creek Park) was under eight feet of water. Needless to say I didn't connect with my Greater Pewee.

A few migrants have started to filter through Spurn. An Icterine Warbler was trapped this afternoon and a few Pied Fly's have been seen. I guess it's time I joined in (I worked Monday and today).

I'm determined to give the Village the full treatment this Autumn...time will tell?

No comments: