Tuesday 6 June 2017

Frampton Marsh RSPB

I like it...a lot! It's my type of spot. As soon as I laid eyes on it during my visit with Phil, I felt it was a place I was going to visit. It will be my "go to" new site form now on. Pity it's not a bit closer!

I can visit regularly however and it's within reach...just (under 2hrs). I much prefer natural habitats, especially enhanced ones. Don't get me wrong, any habitat created for wildlife is fantastic, I just prefer to spend my time watching in scenic surroundings. Also, I LOVE a good hide, always have...as long as it's (reasonably) quiet.  I guess that's developed from my 9 years at NDC and Wheldrake Ings prior to that. Plus I'm getting soft in my advancing years. The thing I really like about a hide is that you can just sit and watch bird behaviour...an ever changing scene.

FM gives opportunities for walking my dog, getting great views of a wide range of species in superb surroundings. It gives me spectacle. There's also the chance to find something..."good". On my last visit I had 2 Cattle Egrets, male Garganey, Barnacle Geese, Whooper Swan, 4 sp Ruff, c 20 sp Black-tailed Godwits, Curlew Sandpiper, Little-ringed Plover, 2 Mediterranean Gulls plus countless Avocets.

A fine view...


Very pleased to pick out a pair of Med' Gulls among the hundreds of Black-headed in the colony...



Later I got a brief fly-by in poor weather...








 
 
Great to see some...Birds!

No comments: