Wednesday 27 May 2015

A brighter post

After yesterdays depressing post I have something a little more uplifting tonight. No, it's nothing to do with the weather!

Half term meant my shift finished early. A message to say a Spoonbill was in the triangle was all I needed to head down. Within 5 minutes I was looking at it, albeit distantly. The weather was deteriorating so I thought I'd try the campsite. When I arrived I noticed a sign saying "no unauthorised entry". Being a good lad, I followed the advice. I then tried the canal bank from the Crown and Anchor end. After a bit of shuffling I managed a record shot...


The bird was around 80 yds away and constantly on the move. Always nice to see especially locally. It's almost certainly the bird seen earlier today flying south at Flamborough. The extra habitat around the peninsular is definitely encouraging more birds to stick.

As on all previous occasions during the past week a/the Cuckoo put in yet another appearance despite the now heavy rain...


Even after leaving teaching I'm still getting Half Term bonuses!

No comments: