Friday 30 January 2015

Sad Day

Attended Pete's funeral on Thursday morning. Bit of a rush as I had to be back at With' for work at 2. I wasn't going to miss paying my respects to a great bloke though. It was well attended and my pal Tony Dixon also made it. As well as knowing him as a birder they also worked together when Pete lived in Brid' before he returned to the Valley in 2002. I won't forget him.

I'd left early to enable me an hour at Duff to look for the GW Teal. No joy but the cc Marsh Harrier was nice. I also added Snipe and Long-tailed Tit (NDC 50).

An hour down the cliff this morning produced my first Red-throated Diver (H.23) of the year. Bud managed to flush a Moorhen (H.24) from the drinking pool!

Still planning the year but it's difficult with uncertainty regarding my hip...haven't mentioned it for a while to be fair!

No comments: