Friday 9 January 2015

46 to start

A few hours out and about produced a modest 46 species without much effort. I prefer a slow start...no good mopping all the Winter stuff up too soon! Still struggling to shake the flu off. Must be my age!

I managed to locate the female Scaup albeit distantly through the gloom at Beacon Ponds...


Around 10 Goldeneye present plus 8 Little Grebe's. After much exercise for the boy...


...I noticed a Little Egret as I was leaving. Then to my surprise it was joined by a Greenshank...


Not that unusual as it seems that one or two regularly winter here. Still, a bonus bird. The weather was gloomy which meant it was going dark by 3 so I headed home. As always I hoped for an Owl sighting...I got one...


The above photo is deceptive as it was very dark by now. It never ceases to amaze me how well these modern cameras can perform.

It then moved slightly closer...


Just a reminder that my lists can be seen by clicking the tabs at the top of the page. You might be THAT bored...sometime?

No comments: