Monday 26 August 2013

Holmpton produces!

My break is a mixture of home improvements (has to be done), seeing family (marvellous) and (of course) Birding!

Took my Mother, Louise and Bud...


...down to Spurn this morning. Before we had the inevitable coffee break at the Blue Bell I lucked in on the showy Icterine Warbler (P.147, S.112)...

It is there somewhere!
While the girls were picking blackberries I popped my head out of the hedge and looked down towards the Church only to see a Wryneck on the grass verge( there really is no place like Spurn!)...


Dropped the team back at Holmpton and spent a very pleasant couple of hours along the cliff.

What can I find...a Wryneck? Alas no, but a couple of Wheatears (H.74) was a nice start...





Later I found a nice Redstart (P.148, H.75)...



...and my first village Whinchat (P.149, H.76)...


Out again tomorrow at 6...

Find of the year so far has to go to Mark Reader. Reward for dedicated patch work...


No comments: