Saturday 9 February 2013

Spring like inclinations?

Nice walk with Bud down to Beacon Ponds from Easington this afternoon to have a look for the reported Scaup. The weather was superb accompanied by a calm sea.

I made my way around to the floodbank to get the sun behind me. The view was stunning...


No sign of the Scaup but the LTD's were still present, though distant...


The bonus came in the form of this SEO which drifted south over the ponds...


As we made our way back north we passed various Mute Swans cruising in the winter sunshine...



Well, looks like I'm doin' OK in the new job! So, no point hanging around. If I'm going to be earning a crust I'm entitled to a holiday, right? So last night I booked us 3 weeks in the Texas spring sunshine!! The birding should be pretty good too...in fact, I can't think of anywhere better...

No comments: