Wednesday 16 January 2013

They're back?

Early last year I bumped into Phil Jones from Withernsea at the sewage works. We got chatting and he informed me that there were some Snow Buntings present on the clifftop.

He offered to show them to me and we walked back to view. He'd been watching them for a few weeks and they remained loyal to the area for quite a while.

Well, well...I got a text from him this afternoon informing me that Snow Buntings had indeed returned to the same area! Same plus others...or different birds? Who knows...who cares...just great news!!

Fortunately I was released early from training today. so I had time to "have a go" just before dusk. Unfortunately by the time I'd picked my gear up from home and reached the site it had clouded over and was getting dark.

I walked the clifftop south for c400yds but no joy. There were however large numbers of thrushes (c400) that had obviously just arrived. I managed to pick out a few Redwing (H.32, P.75) and a Song Thrush (H.33, P76).

Phil did fare better however and managed this photo of them on the beach...

67 birds

No comments: