Sunday 24 April 2011

Playing catch up...plus a missed gem!

Made my first post-hols visit to the Carrs this lunchtime. It seemed inevitable I would accrue a few year ticks in the form of our summer visitors. What I didn't envisage was a major dip in the form of a RED KITE! I was on the phone to my lad when I received a couple of texts. When I'd finished and read them I saw that the bird had been seen from the Geoff Smith hide which I had just walked past!!! Needless to say...it had moved on... Many thanks to TimAndy and Russ for letting me know. I also met Chris Gomersall for the first time. Not a site tick (28/8/2008) but still frustrating as I was so close.
Moving on...I managed to boost my year list by 6 in the form of :-
Sedge Warbler
Willow Warbler
Common Whitethroat
Lesser Whitethroat
Yellow Wagtail
Linnet
(93 species)

I'll be starting to put the highlights of my Spanish trip together tonight. I'll post a trip report on Surfbirds eventually plus a few tales of my exploits and some of my better snaps here...

No comments: