Sunday 6 May 2018

LEO

A bit of a garden tidy up this morning. It's the first time we've been able to inspect the casualties from the winter of doom! Some pleasant surprises with most things OK including my Dahlias. Birds included singing Blackcap, Goldfinch, Linnet (a first) and Blackbird plus Swallows on the wires and displaying Wood Pigeons from the bedroom window.

I managed a quick walk down to Sammy's again mid-afternoon to try for the Long-eared Owl (P.110, S.82). I was pleasantly surprised to find it was still present and everyone was admiring the bird from a "sensible" distance...at least while I was there?

The bird was deep in the bush and the view wasn't great but it's always nice to see an Owl...



I was tempted to try for the Wryneck near the Bluebell but never made it. Maybe tomorrow...

No comments: