Tuesday 8 May 2018

Cuc-koo

Forced myself to the Gym this morning to build the old knee up. It's good for me...apparently!? As I was leaving I heard a certain familiar bird singing. Another iconic sound of Spring. I tried to figure out the general direction this far carrying song was coming from. I drove home and collected the lad for his morning constitutional.

I drove through Hollym and down to the old railway line. I drove as far towards Withernsea as I could then started to walk the rest. Within 5 minutes I'd picked up the song again.  A scan of the wires found a different shape amongst the Wood Pigeons...


A bit of stealth- like manoeuvring enabled me to get closer despite taking some impressive nettle stings...


After having my fill I left the bird still singing on the wire and headed back towards the car. As  was half-way back the bird landed on the wire right in front of me...


Always nice to get a decent view of a Cuckoo...

No comments: