Thursday 11 January 2018

All my (Texas) yesterdays

I'm just taking a break from inputting my Texas records onto eBird. I've got to do something whilst in recovery mode!

Thought it might be a drag but nothing could be further from the truth...I've loved it. So many great memories came flooding back. I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago but I can form an instant picture of a site where I once saw a bird?

An example:-

22/3/2005 Frontera Audubon, Weslaco

ELEGANT TROGON (6)
WHITE-THROATED THRUSH (19)
CRIMSON-COLLARED GROSBEAK (41)
Groove-billed Ani (scarce annual migrant)

*Records for the State in brackets.

Quite a morning that was!!! One of many fantastic experiences in this marvellous State. The next day I saw a ROADSIDE HAWK (9) and Tropical Parula at Santa Ana. The 24th produced GRAY-CROWNED YELLOWTHROAT (46) at Sabal Palms and a ROSE-THROATED BECARD (57). Finished off with a DUSKY-CAPPED FLYCATCHER sub sp (17) on the 26th.

Definitely a purple patch...of luck. Happy days indeed!!!


No comments: