Tuesday 26 September 2017

Having a go

As promised I put some time in today in the Village. I'm still restricted due to (hopefully) obvious reasons but with a bit of planning and a comfy V70 seat I managed to check out a fair few spots.

Started out on the cliff, full of enthusiasm...as usual! Nothing seen...as usual!! I tell a lie, there was a noticeable tit flock consisting of at least 20 Blue, c5 Great and c12 LT. Eight Wigeon over Taylor Lane plus a couple of GSW over the cliff was also noteworthy.

My lad isn't so good at the moment...that's the dog! He's nibbled his side and swallowed whatever it was that was bothering him...as dogs do. Now he's got the Eartha Kitts. He's suffering the poor lad, quite worried to be honest.

I then spent some time on the bench on Seaside lane, I love sitting here, even if I don't see much/anything. News was filtering through from down the road (as it always does). I was seriously tempted by the adult Red-breasted Flycatcher but I remained faithful. On reflection I should have gone.

11.50 MEGA E.Yorks TAIGA FLYCATCHER 1w Flamborough Head trapped and ringed at Holmes Gut and will be released at 11.55am (not Red-breasted Fly).

Just before the slow drip started I spotted a small bird flitting through the trees. AT LAST...my first Yellow-browed Warbler (H.155). A great...if long overdue...moment! They DO occur here! lol. Whilst trying to relocate it...the above happened. Back to the house...pronto! I missed the Flamborough bird in 2003 due to a family holiday. After popping a few painkillers I started for Flamborough. I'd not left the Village when...

11.56 E.Yorks reported Taiga Flycatcher trapped and ringed at Holmes Gut is a Pied Flycatcher

Oh Dear!!! Rather disappointing to say the least. Obviously no idea what occurred but...

After lunch tried a few likely looking Shrike spots (a few Red-backs reported today). No luck. I then spent some time on School lane plus the road to the Farm...nothing.

There you go. I'll have another go tomorrow. Docs in the afternoon. Still getting "jip" from ribs and neck. Time will tell.

No comments: