Sunday 12 March 2017

Cyprus 17 - A special finish

Had a pre-breakfast stroll around Paphos headland. Bit of a reccy really to see if I could find any holes in the fence! Found a couple but not comfy with it so I just walked the perimeter.

I managed to find a single GREATER SAND PLOVER moving nicely into summer plumage. A Kingfisher was a nice surprise and I saw a couple more Red-rumped Swallows albeit distantly.

The forecast lived up to its poor billing so we headed for another Mall in Limassol. After dropping Louise off I continued towards Larnaca and Achna Dam. A White Pelican (rare in March and a Cyprus tick) had been present there for a few day...but alas, I couldn't find it. I DID add GC Grebe (8) to my island list though.

After lunch I tried Zakaki hide near the Mall while my other half continued bargain hunting. The weather was poor but I managed to sneak a brief view of a Bluethroat. My final stop before I called it off was along the northern part of Lady's Mile. It was more like a river than a road but a group of interesting Gulls...yes Gulls tempted me down the first section.

What could they be?

FORTY EIGHT SLENDER-BILLED GULLS!!!

Yes I've got some pics...although my trusty camera is also playing up must be the weather!


No comments: