Saturday 11 March 2017

Cyprus 17 - Hello!

All sorts of fun and games with the hotel internet...including (possibly) the font lol!

Posting pics is impossible at the moment so my full report will have to wait until I return.

I will try to give a flavour of my visit if possible?

Three days in and things are going fine. I've visited some of the local sites including Mandria, Anarita Park, Timi Beach and an area adjacent to our Hotel which has already produced 4 Desert Wheatears a couple of Red-rumped Swallows and a Spanish Sparrow colony.

I also saw my first Long-legged Buzzard at Lower Ezouros Pools...that sadly don't have any water! Moustached Warbler was also seen well.

A Chukar sighting at Timi Beach this morning was a nice surprise.

This afternoons visit to Anarita Park produced 2 endemics in the form of Cyprus Warbler and Wheatears...very nice indeed. A pair of Bonelli's Eagle's was also rather nice!

48 species seen








No comments: