Wednesday 23 November 2016

Yorkshire Coast

A few messages tempted me to travel up the Coast today. The forecast (for what it's worth) was good, so I headed for the harbour at Scarborough. Free parking on Marine Drive was a bonus. The sun was out as I walked along the harbour wall.
 
It took around 15 minutes before this little beaut popped into view...
 
 
 
 
As well as the Black-necked Grebe a Great Northern Diver was also present...bonus! This was probably the closest I'd ever seen one...
 
 
Success!
 
Next stop Scaling Dam were a Black-throated Diver had been seen early am. I called in at the hide and the chaps said it hadn't been seen for a couple of hours. I spent a good hour scanning from different viewpoints but alas, it wasn't to be.
 
I was only 30 minutes from the Eastern Black Redstart so I paid this cracking bird another visit. I was the only one there! The bird performed brilliantly but the light was poor by now...
 
 
I hope to remain local until Sunday as trip planning must now take priority...but you never know in this game!
 
 

No comments: