Wednesday 25 May 2016

BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO!!!

Bet you've missed my pearls of wisdom?!
 
Thing is, I've been at it again...twitching that is. I've made 3 visits to the South West (still there as I post this) in search of the LAMMERGEIER. I've been to Dartmoor, Cornwall and many places in between. I've tried:-
 
Last Sighting
Roost Site
Lucky break
etc
 
I'm going to give it one more day. I reckon my total time now exceeds 60 hours!
 
In between time I popped up to North Uist to connect with the marvellous BBC. A dream bird and extreme rarity. Missed the Yellow-billed at Porthgwarra, which makes this one SO much sweeter. You've probably gathered by now my love for American birds!
 
Posting this from a dodgy connection in my Pub B&B, so I won't keep you. I'll do a full write up on my return home.
 
Here's an image to keep you going...
 
 

No comments: