Sunday 7 February 2016

Regional and Local additions

Acting on a tip-off (I have my contacts) I found myself over at Wheldrake Ings adding Great Skua to my York Area List! In my haste I left my flash card on the table but no matter. Quite a surprise to say the least. I didn't do the "full march" as a result but saw it well enough in flight.

Returning home for Lunch I then made my way to the local fields. Glad I did as there was a nice selection of Geese on view...

Tundra Bean Goose (right) with Pink-footed Goose

Mid-afternoon I spent an hour sea-watching from Easington Gas Terminal. Again, only had the bins (lazy). Encouragingly there was some movement. There was a steady stream of Auks moving North, some (handily) pretty close. Most were Guillemots (P.91, S.56) BUT I managed to spot a couple of Razorbills (P92, S.57) close in. My main target was Gannet (P.93, S.58) and eventually I found one way out near the rigs.

It's amazing what you can see through the Trinnies!





No comments: