Thursday 23 October 2014

The 23rd!

Being a modest kinda fellow I hate to say I told you so...but I told you so! I never dreamt it would be a day that brought both American Cuckoos to our shores plus a Grey-cheeked Thrush!!!

...and here's me stuck on Scilly!

I've got to come clean and admit I tried to get a flight off tomorrow. As we were uming and ahing in the booking office the one seat on the 12.30 disappeared (Louise was prepared to come across on the 3.30)...so we're staying put. I would have tried for the YELLOW-BILLED and probably the HERMIT THRUSH on North Uist...but not now.

Trying to get a positive out of this scenario isn't easy BUT it's nice to know Cuckoos are still making it and that's the second HERMIT in two years.

Beware the 23rd!

....................................................................................

At least today I saw a "good bird". We returned to St Agnes and soon connected with the ORTOLAN BUNTING. A Scilly tick to boot! The bird was associating with House Sparrows in a cow field at Troy Town...

distant at first
then closer...



then closer still...


......................................................................................

CHIMNEY SWIFT...Western Isles! The 23rd!

No comments: