Sunday 12 October 2014

Grey Phalarope

Got home around 3 after the delights of the first buz! I decided to go up to Out Newton for a while to see what was passing...maybe some Whooper Swans? I'd been there around 20 minutes when a message came through..."Grey Phalarope off Easington boat yard". A bird always worth seeing, especially if it was close in.

I arrived at the boat yard and had a scan. No sign of the bird...granted, it's not the biggest! I then got a shout from Ian Smith who'd just arrived to say it was showing further North opposite the Gas terminal We walked up the beach and I noticed John Hewitt and Steve Exley on the clifftop. They were looking at it feeding on the tideline...nice. I had great views through the 'scope and managed a few pics...

P.154, S.115






...................................................................................

More weather theories abound on-line. BIG low to the west stretching from way out west...Newfoundland to be precise. This combined with easterlies hitting these hear parts COULD make it a VERY interesting week...PLEASE!!!

  • Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+72 - Issued at: 0100 on Sun 12 Oct 2014

No comments: