Sunday 7 October 2012

Spectacle

Spent the day over at North Duffield partially emptying the house in preparation for next Fridays long awaited house sale completion! Great entertainment watching and listening to my 2 sons work out the best way to load the van!!

Nearly home when I got a text from Phil Jones informing me of a large group of Little Gulls off Withernsea sewage works. I joined him on the clifftop around 5 and enjoyed the wonderful sight of at least 2000 feeding less than half a mile out...


Easily the largest number I have ever seen and very fortunate to be able to enjoy this occurrence so close to home.

Note: I had seen a large group flying north off Holmpton last week but at much greater distance (H.107, P.160). Keep it quiet but it's actually a Patch lifer!

No comments: