Wednesday 8 August 2012

...and so it begins!

Woke early and had a walk south down the cliff with Bud around 7. Glorious morning. Plenty of terns feeding close in. The fields being cut now but fortunately the cliff top rape remains in tact for the moment.

As previously stated I've been totally absorbed with the Olympics (Sky plus being a big help) but it's time to start looking for those migrants heading down the coast.

This being my first "autumn" on the coast I'm looking forward to seeing what I can discover here at Holmpton. There will be many trips down the road I'm sure but my main focus will be here. After all, I want to "find my own".

Anyway, the rape field produced Redstart (H85,P130), 6 Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat and a nice yellow 1st year Willow warbler. Good start!

No comments: