Saturday 10 March 2012

Brighter times ahead

More daylight now, combined with increased anticipation of migrants...nice! Added Linnet to the Holmpton list this morning (52).

First Spring MEGA today in the form of a SHORT-TOED TREECREEPER in Kent (where else!)

Birding equipment now includes crutches and painkillers! I've been promised an appointment date (for a consultation) next week.



Louise drove me out to Tunstall as we wanted to view a new "attraction" that had appeared just offshore...


Apparently it's a drilling platform!

Whilst viewing the above a BIG Bonus came in the form of this smart Glaucous Gull...

3rd winter, I reckon
I've decided to add Tunstall to my Patch list! Nothing to do with the above of course!! So "The Patch" is extended slightly from Spurn Point to Tunstall...and that's it. Scored further on the way home with a Short-eared Owl quartering Hollym airfield...nice.

No comments: