Sunday 5 September 2010

A few loose ends

We popped to Spurn today with the prospect of strengthening east winds. The BIG one turned up at Buckton but still enjoyed the day. 3 Redstarts, 2 Wheatears and a Whinchat was the best we could do. Bumped into a few of the chaps including Richard Willison, Gary Dayes, John Grist and Andy Roadhouse. Talking about stuff it's interesting that experienced birders still get torn between twitching and staying on their patch! On a (much) lower level I feel the same about Duff. Love all kinds of Birding but the biggest kick is the patch find for me. Had a Swift this evening!!

Finally got round to finishing my North-east US trip report. It's a rather breif affair, focussing on my target birds as part of a wider sightseeeing trip.
http://www.surfbirds.com/trip_report.php?id=1870

Binoculars!!! Won't bore you (maybe I already have) but I've not been settled with various bins I've tried for quite a while. Picked up a thread on Birdforum that got me thinking.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=108435
So I searched and remarkably found a pair in mint condition. Have you ever had a favourite chair? (Frasier).
Like the lad says, not the sharpest, not the brightest but for me there's just something about them...the perfect fit. A classic pair to grow old with.

Anyone want to buy a pair of 8x32 Ultravid HD?!

No comments: