My quest for even coverage at my beloved North Duffield Carrs continued on Friday. I'm really enjoying the challenge of tryingto find Birds at a less than optimal time of Year. The only water I have is the Scrape (nothing else of note has arrived) and the River. As I crossed the bridge I noticed a small Tit perched in an adjacent bush. I saw it long enough to convince me I had my first Marsh (114) of the Year. This was only my 4th record. Yet another nice surprise!
I started at the Platform on an overcast morning, around 11...
![]() |
| The View North |
I was hoping to enjoy some Pink-footed Geese but alas none arrived for me. Thousands had been reported over Shetland. Guess it will take a while longer for them to filter though, although a few Skeins have been seen locally already. Then a whirring of wings as a lone Partridge arrowed across the field? Yes!..I had my Grey (115). This was my 7th Year addition in September, combined with a couple of Lifers! After lunch in the car park (where I had a chat with Elaine) I made my way to the Hide. Nothing significant was seen in a couple of hours but I was well pleased with the morning.
A few more pics of the Spotted Flycatcher from Monday morning...
This morning my first sighting was the youngster on our roof...
Understandably still thinking it's home and still being chaperoned by the wonderfully responsible parents...
More Grey Partridges (4) just South of the Village...
...but still no more PFG...
Robins still arriving...

No comments:
Post a Comment