Pages

Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Variety

Last Tuesday I made my first visit of the week inland. A couple of Jays over Bubwith Bridge was a good start.

Fairly quiet session but 3 Snipe were noteworthy and the Greenshank remained...

Thursday evening had us at a very nice local Pub for a meal. A Barn Owl on Snakey on the way home was only my 2nd Village record for the Year. A welcome sighting.

Yesterday Haydn came across for a visit. He sorted a plumbing issue for us (many thanks pal) before we headed for the Sewage. This turned out to be a VERY good decision as it was VERY "Birdy". A pleasant surprise!

The highlight was a pristine Red-throated Diver close offshore in full summer plumage! I've never seen such a smart example here. Unfortunately my pics don't do it justice...

...we had great views through Haydn's 'scope. 2 distant Mute Swans on the Sea was unusual and a Village Year Tick. I'd never seen this Species on the Sea here before...

15 Scoter went North and a couple of distant Skeins of Pink-footed Geese went South. Highly anticipated.

3 Ringed Plover and a single Dunlin gave great views on the beach...

Best Buddies

Mediterranean Gulls were very noticeable. I seem to see more with each passing Year? At least 30 were present, coming and going...

Decent numbers of Sandwich Terns were fishing offshore and a few landed on the Beach...

A decent haul in 45 minutes half a mile from home.

After a coffee we covered the Humber sites. A lucky sighting of 4 Spoonbills briefly popping up above the Floodbank was special. We then had a Wheatear...

and a Whinchat...



This morning I got some better views of arriving PFG on the Humber...


This afternoon I had a ride down to Sammy's Point and managed to find a Greenshank...


Back inland tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment