Thursday 14 November 2019

UAE 19 - DAY 6

The morning didn't go to plan as after I dropped Rob off at work, I tried a couple of City Centre Parks. I guess you can imagine trying to navigate central Dubai!

The first park Al Mamsar was having a women and children only day! The second at Safa Park had a phone parking system! Maybe I should have researched more...but I'm not that smart....or bothered!

So, back to the house to pick Louise up and out into the Bab al Sham desert to look for a particular favourite of mine. I'd seen a couple last year in a specific area so I thought I'd try the same place again. there's a LOT of Desert!

It took a while BUT I eventually found one in the relatively "cool" 33C (I was in the Jeep)...

Greater Hoopoe Lark (70)
A cool bird...in the heat.

We had the last hour back at Expo Lake watching the sun go down. Very few people about and a perfect end to the day.

No comments: